www.kurungudi-valli.blogspot.com

செவ்வாய், செப்டம்பர் 05, 2006

Steve Irwin


That I never understood people going after wild animals to just take photographs.
and I have never came to terms with the passion they show , going through impossible hardships,
and life threatening moments.
If someone else is watching these shows with snakes and crocodiles
I would wonder what makes them admire these channels.

I would rather watch funny animal videos.
Still one show captured everyones attention.
All of us will be criticising Steve Irwin for all the risks he was taking. especialy with the crocodiles.
It will be so horrible to watch him
play with them. stalk them and escape at the last minute.

Just because I could not understand his motives
in doing all these (he was for preservation of crocodiles) stunts
I was still sceptical.
And today's news about his instant death caused by sting-ray,
came in and suddenly we felt very sad for that bubbly guy.

his tough outlook , and his dangerous projects have come
to a sudden standstill.
And I do not think anything was worth
losing your life over.
But that depends what we want from life.
our sympathies are with his wife and kids.

4 கருத்துகள்:

ILA (a) இளா சொன்னது…

Full of beans, full of life, gung-ho, fearless, tenacious at anything he attempted

வல்லிசிம்ஹன் சொன்னது…

certainly ILA.
It is not the way he shd have gone.
I saw his cameraman"s
video, and it was really sad.

guess that's life.
thank you for sharing your opinion.

இயற்கை நேசி|Oruni சொன்னது…

I agree with you. This is what I have been thinking all along too. I have not watched that much of his program since I felt he is breaking the boundary of wilderness.

However, people are getting heck of a thrill out of his action. It is all started I believe with the competition of media channels. Adequately pushed him to his extreme.

We do wildlife photography too, but not this crazy like. And I feel wildlife sanctity should be respected too, they should not be approached like a cartoon characters.

I was not expressing my opionion on this in a separate post, since people like his show with a big screen TV and surround system wanting more adventure episodes from him.

It is very sad that he lost his life for the sake of media demand

வல்லிசிம்ஹன் சொன்னது…

Yes Orani,

there is nothing wrong in photographing wildlife as they do in NATGEO.

THey are dedicated to their research and I assume and know they care abt their subjects,.
But this was different.
I am glad so many others feel the same way about this extreme sport.
Thank yo for taking time to comment here.