www.kurungudi-valli.blogspot.com

ஞாயிறு, டிசம்பர் 17, 2006

The Unsung Heroes and Heroines

Thinking and reminiscing is happening here to me in Chicago
more than what used to be the case,
compared to our Chennai life.

It cannot be true if I say it's because I have more time to sit around?
No way.
I have not been this busy since the children's school and college days.

Then it used to be a whirl of
people visiting,kids,playing ,homework,school visits
and shopping.

And of course visiting elders as and and when I(I)
needed to visit them. When I needed their comforting arms,
consoling words.
And when they were too ill and were becoming aged,
I was afraid my world was not secure anymore.

Tried to ignore the facts staring at me.
They were the stars,guiding all the time.

They were my grandfather,grandmother,
parents,uncles and aunts.
How do you pay back all the attentions,
care spent on you unconditionally?
There is one proverb.

''Affection always flows down.''
It never looks up.

I found a new way.
To make for the loss of appreciation
I should have showered upon our elders,

I just started calling upon the existing old people.
First came my immediate relatives.
I never knew one or two words or a single action of going to that extra
mile
can make their lives that more
easier.
Then came the parents of friends.
My life took on a special meaning to my own
day to day activities.

All these could be achieved,
with the help of a book I happened upon.

It was a biographical novel about Srimathi.Savithiri Vaithi.
founder of Monday Charity Club,
And Vishranthi--- The home for the Aged and Helpless.

If anyone can inspire so many people
towards good deed and make the housewives
feel more proud of themselves
by helping others ,
the credit goes to this simple lady.
Hope I can achieve the same serenity I see in her eyes,

After all I HAVE come around ,
and the time has come of being a senior
citizen myself.,
and the days of wanting to communicate more,
and spend life with more precious thoughts
and actions.
A WARM MARKAZHI AND A
HAPPY CHRISTMAS GREETINGS TO ALL.

4 கருத்துகள்:

இயற்கை நேசி|Oruni சொன்னது…

Valli,

What a mindful words! I hope this article get to read by many. Most of the time, we realize a simple truth when it is too late. However, if we could get a glimpse of it early enough in our life, how meaningfully we can lead our life with full of satisfaction.

Happy holidays to you too!!! :-)

வல்லிசிம்ஹன் சொன்னது…

Thank you Orani.
we are gifted to have someone,

when we know there are so many
umpteen number of lifes keep going unattended.

Pay back any favour received in multifold is what I have come to understand.

சிறில் அலெக்ஸ் சொன்னது…

Nice post sir. Did not know you are in Chicago area. I am in Chicago too.

Wish you greetings of the seaon.

வல்லிசிம்ஹன் சொன்னது…

I am here and I am no 'sir':-)

am a grandma.
came here to assist in our daughter's delivery.I am vallisimhan of naachiyaar.blogspot.com
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU.